Creating Standards for Application Development
Standardizing on application development has many benefits:
- Applications can be developed faster, generating greater
Return On Investment (ROI).
- Ability to modularize and reuse code.
- Consistent results across all output.
- Applications are easier to troubleshoot.
- Applications become easier to understand and modify.
- Applications have fewer defects.
- Developers can undergo standardized training allowing them to
come up to speed quickly, seamlessly switching between projects
for timely delivery.
A Center of Excellence or Competency Center can be created to
establish standards for application development.