The WebFOCUS Impact Analysis tool in Developer Studio
provides the ability to gauge the impact on an application as metadata
is refreshed. Metadata can be refreshed for a number of reasons
including changes to the data sources, such as:
- Changes in column formats.
- Deletion or addition of columns.
- Changes in column names.
To generate a report of impacted files, the Impact Analysis tool
can be launched from any of the following application deployment
- Local Projects
- Managed Reporting
- Data Servers
Note that the Impact Analysis tool does not search HTML launch
As a best practice:
- Establish a process to schedule changes to the data sources
so applications are not impacted.
- Synchronize changes with WebFOCUS Administrators and/or Developers
so they are notified in advance, allowing them to schedule a refresh
of the metadata when it has minimal impact to the application usage.
- Create and analyze the Impact Analysis reports and update impacted
- Search the HTML launch pages to gauge impact.