Running a Reporting Object From Developer Studio
You can run a Reporting Object or any individual component of it in Developer Studio. To run a Reporting Object, select the object and click the Run button or the Run Deferred button from the Developer Studio toolbar, or right-click the object and select Run. The Run option in the Reporting Object tool is enabled regardless of the setting of the Reporting Object Only Run as a Deferred Report property.
Expected Behaviors of Running a Reporting Object
When you select and run a Reporting Object, the expected behavior is as follows:
- When you define a Report or Graph component, all components of the Reporting Object run.
- When you define a Report and Graph component, an HTML page appears that enables you to select which one to run.
- When you define filters in a Reporting Object, an HTML page appears that enables you to select from the defined filters of the Reporting Object.
- When you define parameters in a report or graph and the Reporting Object Prompt for Parameters property is specified, an HTML page appears that prompts you for parameter values.
- Reporting Object components are validated prior to run time. This means that errors are found and corrected more easily since errors in individual components are detected prior to run time.
- If you attempt to run a Reporting Object that is created without using the Report or Graph components, you will receive the message:
EDA no data