Designing the WebFOCUS 8 Architecture
This chapter outlines best practices for designing a WebFOCUS
8 architecture to support a WebFOCUS solution.
A summary of best practices in this chapter include:
- Use a multi-tier architecture model.
- Use a multi-tier clustered architecture model if High Availability
and Failover are requirements.
- For multi-tiered clustered architecture models, use:
- Shared file system for common application and configuration
files. The shared file system should support high availability to
avoid a single point of failure.
- Shared WebFOCUS database repository that was created with the
case-sensitive collation. The shared WebFOCUS database repository
should support high availability to avoid a single point of failure.
- Maintain separate WebFOCUS environments (Dev, QA/Test, Production).
- Install WebFOCUS separately on each machine.
- Ensure that there is sufficient bandwidth between the machines
and server components in the architecture through performance benchmarks.