Before you begin working on the WebFOCUS FanClub application, make sure you have done the following:
- Installed and verified a WebFOCUS Server.
- Installed WebFOCUS Developer Studio on your machine (this includes the Maintain Development Environment).
- Verified the connection of your machine to the WebFOCUS Server.
- Checked to see that you have the sample tutorial files required for the WebFOCUS Maintain tutorial on your machine. This includes the following files:
- The fannames data source (both the .MAS and .FOC files).
- The addafan.gif, currfan.gif, fan.gif, and spiralbg.gif image files.
All of the FanClub files are installed under ibi/apps/maintain. The images are located under ibi/apps/maintain/images.
Note: When you run your Maintain application, it will open in the default Developer Studio Viewer. For more information, see the Developer Studio Application Development Getting Started manual.