Conducting Performance Benchmarks
There are many benefits to conducting performance benchmarks
that include, but is not limited to:
- Detecting and addressing bottlenecks.
- Establishing performance benchmark baselines.
- Meeting user expectations and Service Level Agreements.
It is important that performance benchmarks be conducted in a
controlled environment. Processes include:
- Choosing a performance benchmarking tool.
- Understanding WebFOCUS Usage Profiles, such as:
of concurrent users.
- Response times for queries.
- Creating a Performance Test Plan.
- Setting up system monitors to track resource utilization.
- Executing the performance test plan.
- Analyzing logs.
- Tuning components.
- Documenting findings.