The methodologies employed by a company are key to the
eventual enterprise architecture implementation. We need to understand
what, if any, methodologies are in effect to manage:
- Organizational challenges, where
productivity may lag due to inefficiencies in the current system.
- Technical processes, such as:
- Data sources and data administration.
- Computing platforms and operations.
- Applications and their associated challenges.
- Current architecture and related diagrams (network and database).
- Analytical needs, such as:
- Information the analysts provide,
and the processes and tools they use to share this information with
- How much time it takes for an analyst to perform tasks that
can be streamlined with better processes and information.
- Data analysts’ vision of an optimized process and the benefits
of that process.
- Executive processes, such as:
- How information is used to make decisions.
- Problems and "decision lag time."
- Business processes and overall strategy.
- How the effectiveness of the business is measured.