WebFOCUS has built-in capabilities that can be used
to ease administration and maintenance in the following areas:
Verification of Server Services and Listeners
- Java Services agents should have a status of Active.
- Data Services agents should have a status of Idle.
Verification of Metadata and Data Adapters
- Generate sample data for synonyms created for the Data Adapters.
Capturing Query Code From Connected Users
- Use the Session Log console to capture generated SQL and
run the captured SQL directly on the database server.
Configuring Event Routing
- When an event occurs, you can customize the action to be
taken. WebFOCUS administrators can receive email notifications in
real-time for custom events.
Creating Custom Monitor Page
- Centralize monitoring of statuses for different listeners.
- Identifying connected users in real-time.
- Isolating problematic queries.
- Monitoring user sessions.
- Time spent in the back-end databases.
- Time spent in WebFOCUS processing data returned from the back-end databases.
There are some administration tasks that may need scripting,
- Performing health checks on the WebFOCUS systems.
- Synchronization of configuration changes to all WebFOCUS environments.